I’ve (somewhat belatedly) started a new OU course, H808 – The e-learning professional. One of the first things we’ve been asked to do is blog about our first impressions of the course, so here goes!
- I’m a bit concerned about the amount of time I will need to invest in studying, but I still want to make a good job of it
- I’m fairly confident about having enough of the right kind of technical skills
- Little bit concerned about not currently being in a teaching position… this caused some difficulties when studying H810 because most of the TMAs assumed that you were teaching. But, for me, this is about professional development as a researcher
- I’m looking foward to learning about tools I haven’t encountered before, and I’m planning to curate them at http://www.scoop.it/t/cool-tools/curate
- I’ve done quite a bit of PDP development over the years, primarily from my time working towards Pg.CHEP when I taught philosophy at the University of Essex
- I’ve managed to cover the first two weeks worth of activities in quite a short space of time, but it looks like things will get more demanding
- I still think that the StudentHome pages are difficult to navigate!
- I’m looking forward to learning more about podcasting, in particular!